Home Computers & Ransomware During COVID-19Read more
Why is Corporate IT Governance Important?
Discover some of the many advantages of an IT governance plan and get professional help with creating the best possible IT governance plan for your business.
Did your 2019 End of Year IT Checklist include creating an IT governance plan for 2020? If not, your company could be missing out on services and technologies that could boost your bottom line while enabling you to save time and money.
Thankfully, it’s not too hard to create a good IT governance plan for the coming year. Following are just a few of the many reasons why every single business should have a plan of this nature.
An IT Governance Plan Aligns Your IT Strategy with Your Business Strategy
Have you ever missed important business opportunities because you didn’t have the IT hardware and/or software to get the job done right and on time? Alternatively, perhaps you have purchased an IT set-up and later discovered that it doesn’t meet your current or future needs.
Both scenarios can be avoided with a good IT governance plan. Such a plan outlines your business IT needs so you know what to buy and when to buy it.
Ensuring Compliance with Industry Regulations
The right IT set-up can automate a great deal of the work, enabling you to stay in step with local, state, and Federal laws governing your business. However, you need to know which programs are best for your particular business. IT training is also in order to help your employees use the equipment and programs correctly. IT governance creates a plan to help your business use technology to comply with regulations in an efficient, effective manner.
Cybercrime is expected to cause a whopping $6 trillion in damages by the year 2021. About 50% of attacks target small businesses; however, cybercriminals are also happy to target multinational corporations and even entire municipalities if the opportunity arises.
A good IT governance plan can prevent cyberattacks by:
- Creating a schedule to ensure software programs are updated in a timely manner. Failure to update leaves programs vulnerable to breaches
- Creating a plan for providing ongoing cybersecurity training to employees. About 9 in 10 data breaches are caused by human error so training can go a long way in keeping your organization safe.
- Creating rules and guidelines regarding password creation and storage, authentication, data back-up procedures, etc. Clear office guidelines will help employees know how to keep data safe at all times.
Introducing William Ives Consulting
William Ives Consulting offers IT managed services throughout North and south Carolina. The company stands out for putting a premium on client-technician relationships, ensuring that every single business gets the exact services it needs, when it needs them. William Ives Consulting starts by conducting a comprehensive, on-site assessment and then creates a plan to:
- Fix immediate problems
- Optimize the IT environment
- Provide ongoing monitoring and support to ensure all IT hardware and software is secure and working properly at all times
Does your business need help to create and enact a good IT governance plan? If so, give us a call and we will be happy to meet with you and help you create, monitor, and support the IT set-up your business needs and deserves.