Manage IT Risk to Keep Your Business Secure and Operating EffectivelyRead more
Why the Real Estate Industry is Vulnerable to Cyberattacks
Cybercrime plagues the real estate industry but you don’t have to become the next victim. Discover how an MSP can help you stay safe and boost efficiency.
It is no secret that cybercriminals are targeting the real estate industry. In fact, the FBI issued a warning just over a year ago that the real estate industry is particularly susceptible to email and email account compromises. Unfortunately, many realtors are still in danger of breaches, hacks, and other cybercrimes. The following are some reasons why as well as an effective strategy for preventing cyberattacks both now and in the future.
Why the Real Estate Industry is in Danger
There are several reasons why cybercriminals are going after those who work in the real estate industry. These include:
- Real estate agents regularly work with large sums of money, providing criminals with the opportunity to rake in large sums of cash with a single attack
- Many real estate agencies don’t pay enough attention to cybersecurity. In fact, many real estate companies find it challenging to achieve full visibility of all their connected devices, let alone secure these devices to prevent attacks.
- Cyberattacks are on the rise in all industries. Recent stats show that over 60% of all businesses have experienced at least one attack in the last year.
How Can Real Estate Agents Prevent Attacks?
Thankfully, there is professional help available for real estate agencies that want to improve cybersecurity to prevent devastating attacks. Many managed service providers specialize in providing internet management services to real estate agents. These services include secure cloud storage, cutting edge anti-virus programs, 24/7 IT assistance and more.
Following are some important criteria to look for when selecting a managed service provider for your company:
- Around the clock maintenance, supervision and assistance
- A proactive plan for dealing with breaches, break-downs, and other IT issues
- Certified, experienced technicians who are familiar with the real estate industry
- Regular, personalized evaluations to ensure that your IT set-up is secure and in good working order at all times. Good managed service providers don’t wait until a problem arises; instead, they continually monitor your IT system to ensure it provides the best possible service at all times.
William Ives Consulting is based in Charlotte, NC, and offers IT management and consulting services in both North and South Carolina. The company uses a consultative approach to offer customized IT solutions along with employee training and ongoing support. The company’s’ technicians are not only experienced by also have the specialized training and certifications needed to handle a wide range of IT problems. Get in touch with us at your convenience to learn more or to make an appointment for a customized evaluation of your IT system.